Saturday, December 15, 2012

Daily Protein Intake

I have been dieting up and dieting down now for quite a while with varying intakes of macronutrients. One thing that I have came to believe through my vast changes in macronutrient intakes seems to be the consumption of protein making a huge difference on body composition.  From my personal experience, relating to performance in the gym, recovery and satiety 1g/lb seems to be the "gold standard" for me.  For me, this equates to 195 grams of protein per day.  While this works for me, the last thing that I am trying to imply is that this is the same for everyone else.

Every single person is unique! I am merely trying to give my insight on what I have found to work well in my situation. In some situations on severe caloric deficits though, I would likely recommend a higher intake, potentially as high as 1.5g/lb to be as muscle sparing as possible. Protein has such an integral part in building muscle and fat loss that it is something all lifters should be making a conscious effort to include in sufficient quantities for our diets.

No comments:

Post a Comment